Dutch buckets can be used to grow virtually any plant type indoors/outdoors, and are especially useful for vining crops like tomatoes, cucumbers, and larger plants. Also known as the Bato bucket system, a Dutch bucket hydroponic system is typically arranged in rows on the floor or on benches, with one irrigation supply pipe feeding drippers from above and one drainage line circulating back to the reservoir from below. Easily joined together, these systems can be scaled to any size imaginable, and are one of the most reliable, cost effective and easily controlled growing methods.
Usually, each bucket holds one or two plants and once the hydroponic system is setup, it can run automatically from a timer with relatively low maintenance. Simply check the pH, nutrients and water level each day and top up when needed.
Benefits of Dutch Bucket:
- Allows for growth of many different types and sizes of plants
- Saves water and nutrients as any excess is returned to the reservoir and recycled
- Easy to expand with more Dutch buckets
- Easy to setup and automate watering
- Maintains a constant water level of approximately 1.5” in the bottom of the Dutch bucket to prevent roots from drying out
- Dutch buckets can be used with various types of growing media such as clay pebbles, vermiculite, perlite, coconut coir, and more
Why Buy Dutch Buckets from us
- Artisun Technology is one of the top online indoor / outdoor hydroponic gardening supply stores in the country. We provide high-quality innovative solutions for your hydroponic gardening needs at affordable prices providing unbeatable value.
- 11L Black Dutch bucket with 2 siphon elbows
- Dimensions: 12” L x 10” W x 9” H
- Weight: 13oz
- Made from food grade Polypropylene
- Strong durable Dutch bucket that will last for years
- 10 x Black Dutch Bucket
- 20 x Black Siphon Elbows. Makes 10 Siphon Drains
- Growing vine crops like tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplants, lettuce, strawberries, and more
Q: What is a Dutch bucket?
A: The Dutch or Bato buckets is designed for growing vine crops like tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplants and more. Each Dutch bucket can be set up separately, which provides optimal space for each crop without wasting media.
Q: How does the Dutch bucket hydroponic system work?
A: With Dutch or Bato bucket hydroponic systems, buckets are spaced along a common 2” outside diameter water collection pipe. A nutrient rich solution is drip fed to the top of the Dutch bucket which drains through the siphon elbows into the collection pipe and returns water back to the reservoir for re-cycling.
Q: What grow media should be used?
A: Use grow media that retains water well. Perlite, vermiculate and clay pebbles are typically used. We recommend clay pebbles as in addition to the great water holding properties, the additional weight also adds stability to the bucket and plant roots.
This is my second time purchasing these buckets, I love them! When I received them they were damaged in shipping but the customer service is awesome, they sent me replacements for the damaged buckets very fast. I will continue to use Artisun products because of their high quality and great customer service!